The trucking industry is a lucrative industry that offers steady work, satisfaction and decent pay to its employees. Most every business, today, relies upon trucking companies to ship their products from one location to the next. There are many trucking companies all over the world, but for those people, looking to work for one of the best, this article lists some of the top trucking companies that people can choose to work for today.
1. The United Parcel Service, or UPS, has its main headquarters in Sandy Springs, Georgia; but the company operates in more than 200 countries all over the globe. The United Parcel Service ships more than 16 million packages every day to approximately 6 million people all over the world.
This gargantuan company began its operations in the year 1907 run by two teenagers. Originally, the company was known as the American Messenger Company, and after a small $100 loan, the teenagers began to build the company into the multi-billion dollar business that exists today. Most people in the country have used UPS to ship their packages at one time or another.
2. Another large and powerful trucking company, today, is FedEx Ground. This company was created with modern technology in mind, pertaining to bar codes and shipping methods. FedEx serves every state in the United States and has more than 80,000 employees all over the country. When people think of FedEx, they think of extremely fast, reliable and efficient service.
3. Schneider National, headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, is perhaps the largest privately owned trucking company in the U.S. This trucking company boasts about 15,000 tractors, 50,000 trailers, and holds partnerships with more than 7,000 carriers. Schneider trucks drive about 6 million miles every day of the year, and they offer services to more than 2/3 of the businesses belonging to the Fortune 500.
4. Roadway is another large trucking company that boasts more than 32,000 trailers and 8,400 tractors. This trucking company ships more than 50,000 loads each day from its 350 service centres all across the country. Roadway has more than 24,000 employees, and people can easily recognize their trailers with the large Roadway logo printed across their sides. This company has been in business for many decades and is still going strong today.
5. Yellow Transportation was originally named Yellow Cab and Transit, which was a bus and taxi business that operated within the state of Oklahoma. Yellow Transportation uses orange as the colour for their vehicles, because, in the year 1929, studies showed that the colour orange is the most visible colour from long distances. Thus, orange is now the colour that the company uses on all of their tractors.
In conclusion, for those people, who have completed truck-driving school, received their CDLs and are looking for jobs; they may want to consider working for one of the leading trucking companies listed above. In today’s difficult times, everybody is looking for jobs that will offer them financial security and satisfaction. Any one of the companies within this article may be able to do just that.